Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Celebrating Flag Day

A repost from the past:
As I celebrate my Birthday Tomorrow. I am proud to say I share this day with a grand old lady!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO

OUR GRAND FLAG.

SHE FLIES PROUDLY AND IS HONORED BY ALL!!


On June 14, 1777,
 in order to establish an official flag for the new nation, the Continental Congress passed the first Flag Act: "Resolved, That the flag of the United States be made of thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen.

Your flag and my flag,
And how it flies today
In your land and my land
And half a world away!
Rose-red and blood-red
The stripes forever gleam;
Snow-white and soul-white -
The good forefathers' dream;
Sky-blue and true-blue, with stars to gleam aright -
The gloried guidon of the day, a shelter through the night.
~Wilbur D. Nesbit, Your Flag and My Flag

 
I can’t wait to be able to serve my guest with some wonderful sweet tea or lemonade.
Tonight I will celebrate with parents and my Big Jim as the daughter is a sponsor at church camp and the son can’t make it home tonight.
But I have decorated holiday tree, breakfast room, dining room and deck are all decked out with Old Glory.
(OK every area I possibly can).
I am going to show you a few photos today and in a later post I will give more details.
Holiday Tree--Breakfast Room


Breakfast Room Table

Deck
 Dining Room Table
 Entryway Table

Hope everyone is flying those flags today.
Please leave a comment Ya’ll






6 comments:

  1. Happy belated B-Day! How fun to collect flags/red, white and blue, I love that! I like your tree, I'm late in decorating my feather tree this year, gotta get on that:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the red white and blue theme! I used to have Americana all over my house. Still love it, just needed a change. Love the tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My! You certainly are ready for the fourth. Everything looks wonderful. I love your fourth of July tree, and your plates, and your umbrella. I haven't even started 4th decor yet, you are quite inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came over from BNOTP and imagine my surprise to find out that not only do we share the same name - spelled as it should be with a "C".... but we share the same birthday. Lovely patriotic decore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great table. Love the flag flatware. i don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always a special treat to my day.